Essential Research Tools
From the library website, http://www.li.suu.edu, choose the Research button to access these essential research resources:
- Articles & Journals: articles in newspapers, magazines and journals.
- Catalog: search for books and ebooks.
- eJournal Finder: locate available online and print journals.
- eReserves: course electronic reserve materials.
- Interlibrary Loan: request books and journal articles not owned by the library.
- Other Libraries: search WorldCat for books at other libraries.
- Research Guides: help with research.
Off-Campus Access to Databases
All library databases are accessible from off-campus. When off-campus, after you click on a database you will be prompted to enter your SUU username and password. After this login you can access all the library databases without having to login again:
Do you know the title of the journal or magazine where your article is located? If so use the Full Text Journal Finder to see if the library has the journal in an online database or in print. From the library home page click Research / eJournal Finder and type the title of the journal. Note that you can also browse for journals by subject:
The results screen will show you if the journal is available in the library and will indicate which if any print issues are available and in which online databases where you will find the journal articles available.
If the search finds that the journal is not available in the library request it through Interlibrary Loan.
Try the journal search here or go to the eJournal Finder page:
Find journals by title or ISSN:
If you search the Library Catalog and discover the library doesn't have a book you want, or search the eJournal Finder for a journal that has an article you want and discover the library dosn't have access to that journal, you can use Interlibrary Loan to request the book or article.