Evidence Based Practice
Evidence-based medicine (EBM) or evidence based practice (EBP):
Evidence based practice relies on the premise that to make well informed decisions about practice, researchers need to access the best evidence about interventions. Evidence-based practice can be said to be an integration of the best research evidence from the literature, your own expertise and experience, and your clients' values and situation. (Sackett, 1996)
Essential Research Tools
From the library website, http://www.li.suu.edu, choose the Research button to access these essential research resources:
- Articles & Journals: articles in newspapers, magazines and journals.
- Catalog: search for books and ebooks.
- eJournal Finder: locate available online and print journals.
- eReserves: course electronic reserve materials.
- Interlibrary Loan: request books and journal articles not owned by the library.
- Other Libraries: search WorldCat for books at other libraries.
- Research Guides: help with research.
Frequently Used Resources
Off-Campus Access to Databases
All library databases are accessible from off-campus computers. When off-campus, after you click on a database you will be prompted to enter your SUU username and password. After this login you can access all the library databases without having to login again:
You can login to NetStorage, http://netstorage.suu.edu, to access files you've saved to your campus F:/ drive. Login with your SUU Username and Password:
Gerald R. Sherratt Library
Southern Utah University
351 West University Blvd.
Cedar City, UT 84720